Saturday, August 4, 2007

Watch Out! The Bear Pees!



The towel situation at my house was not good. 4 kids not used to cleaning up after themselves - just could not seem to understand the benefit of hanging up a towel...so, a sale at the friendly neighborhood Kohls transformed the kids into towel- lovers. It helps that their towels are now hooded and look like a frog, a bear, a chick and a flower...yes, that's a flower. Motivatation to hang up their towels and take care of them has arrived. So, we tried them all "on" the other morning and took pictures of our little zoo (with a lovely flower). It was great fun.

Now, on to today. Out on the town today in the new fandangled (read - has a DVD player and enough seat belts for all kids, the grandparents and me) -pseudo van (read Chevy Uplander - mostly a mini-van - but kinda doesn't look like one, so I feel better) - and on the town, we visited with most beloved Granny - where 20 minutes after our McDonald's trip the Bear and the Flower are overcome with hunger pains and asking Granny for food. These crazy kids have been eating like its going out of style. Still trying to figure that one out.

Also - we took a little jaunt down the road to visit Great Aunt Susan. Great Aunt Susan let the kids run round her lovely home, and found lots of treasures for the kids to amuse themselves with...everyone got a little wound up. Screaming and running ensued. Things got to be too loud and I ordered all 4 to line up, and fold arms for "unwind time" - and just as I ordered the Bear to sit on Great Aunt Susan's nice suede couch - Bear begins to cry as I see liquid squirting out of his shorts and running down his leg. Bear was peeing right there on the carpet! Bear is 5 - and when we ran to bathroom to clean up, I asked him why he didn't know he needed to go to the bathroom, he said..."I was too excited to remember that I had to go." Great Aunt Susan was a fabulous sport - and quickly pulled out the Wet Vac and the carpet cleaner and had it cleaned up in a jiffy. She also helped us think of cereals from A-Z and movies from A-Z while we waited for the rinsed out underclothes and shorts of bear to dry in her dryer. Bear did not take kindly to wearing a towel and flashed Flower, Chick, Frog and the Aunts plenty. Yup. Watch Out! The Bear Pees!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you also have a blog. How are things going? I often wonder what you are up to. I think the last time I saw you was up in Park City with Amberlee. I ran into her at Jeff's reception quite awhile ago.
Wow, it looks as if you are going to have your hands full for awhile....yikes.
Are you still in Draper?

Anonymous said...

ALIENS?!?!?!? You are calling them ALIENS?

AlienMommy found this after church today and we've spend an enjoyable few minutes reading up on the kiddos and crying a little at the pictures. Thanks for putting this up.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I love my kids, and I miss them a great deal. These sweet stories about all the little things that make us AlienParents nutty made me long to scoop them up and smother them with hugs and kisses! And the pictures, what great shots! I sure do miss my kids! I can't wait to call them in a few minutes!

Paige said...

Do they have those towels in big girl sizes? I think I need the bear because that's what I am in the morning.

Kim said...

Hey! I was so glad to get your comment the other day! I LOVE hearing from old Draper friends.

Wow, taking on four kids AND your parents at the same time?!? Bold move, my sister.

I'll be adding your link to my list, if that's okay, since I'd like to visit your blog and see what you're up to. Send me an email too (harmonfam@gmail.com) and let me know who else you still see regularly. I'd love to know what everyone is up to!

Susan said...

Oh the wonderful memory of that day. A warm summer day, the scent of jasmine in the air. Sorry, I just can't bring myself to sound like a "great aunt". It was so fun to have you and the kids over... bear pee and all!