Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Aliens are Magic




This morning all of the aliens at my house were playing "magic". They each had a "wand" of somekind - pencil, stick, envelope opener - and were "Abracadabra-ing" everything in site. When I got ready to leave for work - they came a running with their wands and began bestowing their magic on me.

"Abracadrabra that this will be the best work day ever!"
"Abracadrabra that you will be happy today!"
"Abracadrabra that you will have good luck today!"

I was in a hurry (because I was leaving FAR too late), and just let them tap away at me while I was running out the door - literally the last tap was on the front steps. As I drove away - the magic worked - I felt happy and lucky and excited for work. As the day has progressed, I must say so many things have gone wrong, I can't even count - but somehow - it hasn't affected me in the least. Coping skills at their best, fixing skills at their best - everything has worked out okay...this just might actually be "the best work day ever!" Aliens are magic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute story Jen. I do think kids have a magically spell over us, could be for the bad for that day or the good. Glad luck was on your side today.
Have fun with them.

Susan said...

Adorable! Knowing they sincerely meant it makes its so sweet. They really are considerate children :) My mom (your granny) once pointed out how nice it is they want her to be included in things and how cute they are with her (bless her heart).