Thursday, August 9, 2007

Officially, a "Soccer Aunt"



Soccer season has begun and I'm officially a "Soccer Aunt" - that is the Aunt version of a "Soccer Mom" - as I was rushing around at lunch trying to find just the right shin guards - I was realizing that this 3 kids in community soccer thing is a lot bigger commitment than I had anticipated. Good thing Grandpa wants to go to all of the practices...tonight, though as I was driving the new pseudo mini-van down the freeway to drop off 2 different kids to soccer practice at 2 different parks...it hit me, I'm officially a "Soccer Aunt". Yikes! What will it be like when the 3rd one starts next week??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bear looks a bit bigger than I remember. Growth spurt? :) And my girl looks . . . apprehensive or something. How did it go? :) Thank you so much for posting these pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paige said...

Dear Soccer Aunt, You are crazy. You can be a good aunt without 3 kids in soccer. Please look into a full time nanny/chauffer. Failing that, a carpool might work!
Love, Soccer Mom with 3 soccer kids but at least two are on the same team!

N.F. said...

I just saw that you live in Draper! Didn't you, or aren't you getting a new Temple? In 05, I lived in Sandy--and right when I moved back to CA (I think) was when they announced another Temple!

NOW, I just wish we could get another one in CA closer to where I live!