Thursday, August 2, 2007

Alien Invasion


These are the 4 little aliens that have invaded my home and my life. (2 other Big Aliens have also invaded...) Here they are in one of the larger "yellow patches" in my back yard...trying out the new swimsuits. Alien life has its privileges and its oddities...

Oddities
1. Whining - aliens whine unbelievably - and all the time and when you least expect...even in the middle of Church - they can whine so loud you have to run for the door.
2. Sleeping is a bad thing? - in alien world - sleep is the enemy. I've never heard such excuses for needing to stay awake or for getting out of bed. Water, tummy ache, knee ache, hugs, kisses, more hugs, tattling, phantom injuries, and sometimes when discovered out of their bed - they can't even come up with an excuse of any kind. In the world I once knew...sleep was my friend...one of my most favorite things. Ah, I do miss the sleeping.
3. Constant negotiations. 3 more bites? 5 more minutes? 1 more toy? Me first? Not her turn, my turn? Bathe tomorrow? Clean tomorrow? Can't we do that tomorrow? Yikes, these aliens are always trying to get a better deal and always concerned about their present "bum deal".
4. Clothes dirty themselves? Alien clothes get dirtier than any other piece of cloth could ever get. An alien could sit, silent in one corner for an entire day and still have a stain on its shirt! They have holes in their lips and food never makes it all in and they attract wetness and soiling of any kind at all times. Thankfully, one of the big aliens at my house has put herself in charge of the laundry.
5. Aliens talk more freely about their bodily functions and their bodies than most and like to run naked as often as possible. Sometimes an alien will look at you and ask "can I get naked now?" Oh, dear.


Privileges
1. Surprisingly all of the aliens line up to bid you good-bye when you leave for work and panic if they have not given you a good-bye hug or kiss. Aliens attack the leaver as if they may never be seen again.
2. Aliens love when you return from work and run to the door when they hear you come in and jump on you and hug and kiss as if you are the long-lost, long-gone missing alien.
3. Aliens are very literal. Sometimes when you say things, they understand it in their very own way and it is very entertaining and cute. If you tell them the reason you go to work is so they can live in the house they are living in...and then you don't go to work, aliens may get very worried that they will have to move out that very day. Aliens do keep things entertaining.

The oddities may out number the privileges, but the privileges outweigh the oddities. An Alien Invasion is a very unique new life. My, how my life has changed.

4 comments:

Mrs Andy said...

You really are quite brilliant. You must keep doing this. I really enjoy what you've written.

Oh, I also found Paige's page too.

Paige said...

You are so lucky to have those aliens, but they are more lucky to have you! How fun, and excrutiating. I didn't know you started blogging so I'm already behind! I will catch up. Who is East of Eden and why isn't she commenting on me????

Paige said...

One more thing. Please tell me her name, I am sure I would remember her if I knew her actual name. Not to be a nag, but I am!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and so loved laughing with those cute aliens. The littlest one's spontaneous outburst at the bottom of the stairs to please don't leave and the hug and kiss goodbye... ahhh, melt my heart. You are doing a great thing and I applaud you and your patience. They tickle me!