Friday, July 15, 2011

38 Things All About Me!


In honor of this, the day commemorating the start of my 38th year, here are 38 facts, figures, anecdotes and things I want to share about me.

1. I have my Dads shoulders and my Moms hands
2. Many people associate me with penguins and have for decades
3. I am Doc in the Seven Edwards Dwarfs.
4. My first date, when I was 16 years old, was to see the movie K-9 starring a dog and Jim Belushi - a boy named Matt Truitt was my date
5. I once travelled Europe taking pictures of statue butts
6. I know from experience that it is always darkest before the dawn and sometimes making it to dawn is just a matter of riding out an emotion
7. I once ate at the exclusive and somewhat secretive Club 33 in Disneyland. It was buffet day and they had caviar at the buffet and we each had our own pre-printed name cards identifying our seats.
8. I had a strong lisp for almost 9 months when I was 29 years old because I had a wedge glued to the back of my front teeth to correct my bite.
9. I've always said my favorite color is yellow and I don't know why. I don't prefer anything in yellow - not clothes or crayons or paint or paper. Maybe its for my sunny disposition.
10. I am a fish taco connoisseur.
11. I love Little Women. The book, the musical, the story - Louisa May Alcott.
12. My all-time favorite memory of Paris - is playing charades with my sisters and my cute Granny in a little tiny hotel room with a sloping ceiling and old wallpaper - and trying for a really long time to figure out that my Granny was acting out the movie, "Guess whose coming to dinner?"
13. Movie Theaters are my happy place.
14. I will always know the size of a mole - 6.02 X 10^23 because of a someone named Melba who affectionately calls me Toast.
15. I have a Bachelor of Arts in American History from Brigham Young University.
16. I was named the "top girl" of my 9th grade class and got a huge panther trophy and my name on a plaque that haunted my 6 other siblings who attended there after me. Go Poston Panthers!
17. I once swam with Dolphins with my entire family, courtesy of my generous parents at a luxury hotel on Oahu.
18. I used to regularly attend Arena Football games at the America West Arena just to sit and hang out with my friends in a sky box.
19. I can't remember the last time I went on a proper date. (Proper-meaning no graduated hang outs, make outs or some guy randomly picking up the check). Sad, but true.
20. On the eve of my 21st birthday, I slept overnight in Las Vegas and refused to gamble until I was actually 21, much to the annoyance of my boyfriend at the time (and his father).
21. I think my actual favorite color is navy blue or pink or both.
22. Donny & Marie, New Kids on the Block, Billy Joel, Everything But The Girl, NSYNC, Sting, John Mayer - my musical obsessions - chronologically through my life. Don't judge me.
23. I once hiked the Grand Canyon - well, not so much hiked as - helicoptered in - then hiked a mile past Havasupai and then sent our packs out on donkeys and hiked out with just a camel pack. (It was still hard!)
24. I love when we are told in the scriptures to be happy or to cheer up. I love to be reminded of this. I want to be happy. 2 Nephi 10:23 is a favorite.
25. The last few years of my life have been made markedly better by Team Peeps Besties a Hoe and Ms. Law. Cheesey, but true.
26. In 1994, I took a trip to LA with my college roommates and we went to a taping of a sitcom. We got tickets for the same day to visit the sets of: Coach, Mad About You, Full House and this little known show that had only aired twice called Friends - but could only go to one. We chose Full House. Biggest. Regret. Ever.
27. I love listening to DVD commentaries.
28. I have been to the open houses of 8 (Jordan River, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Bountiful, Mt. Timpanogos, Manhatten, Draper, Oquirrh Mountain), attended as a patron in 9 (Mesa, Salt Lake, Los Angeles, Draper, Jordan River, Bountiful, St. George, Mt. Timpanogos, Provo)and been to the dedication of 2 (Jordan River, Draper) TEMPLES.
29. I do mortgage loans for a living and currently do not have a mortgage with the best rate or program on either of the homes I have mortgages on. Oh, the irony.

30. I have personally taken my own pictures of the Mona Lisa and Winged Victory
31. My parents, 3 of my nieces, a nephew and all but 1 and a 1/2 of my siblings have lived in/shared my home in Draper for an extended period of time.
32. I am a beloved niece. I have the most fun with my hilarious Aunt Susan.
33. I love theater! I got to see the Original Cast of Wicked on Broadway in 2004 and Hugh Jackman in his Tony winning role as Peter Allen in the Boy from Oz.
34. I always cry in the movies My Life, Little Women and The American President
35. My favorite restaurant in Utah is The Dodo. In Arizona is Rosas.
36. I have had many opportunities to be an Aunt in many extraordinary ways.
37. I love trivia games. I love to play them and write them and host them.
38. Today, I intend to be happy - even if I still can't park in my garage. I'll get there.

Final Exam: If you can name the 3 late night or daytime talk shows that I have been an audience member of - you really know me - you really do.


Congratulations if you made it to the bottom of this list...its really long. It requires perseverance and a passing interest in my life, so I thank you.

Life is good. Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

The Atomic Mom said...

There were some things that i acutally did not know about you on that list! Imgagine that! The yellow, I didn't know that. :)

And of course I loved #14 :) YAY Mt View Chemistry Department!