Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where Have I Been?




We have church at 9. At 8:15...the phone started ringing like crazy. What?! Church is cancelled?! Yes...and I got several e-mails informing me as well:

All,

I received a call from Bishop Hendricks stating that all 9:00 meetings
throughout the stake have been cancelled due to heavy snow. I'm
sending this out in case anyone checks their email prior to going to church.

Thank you.

Yeah, its a blizzard out there. A white out. At least 8 inches on the ground. I didn't know they could cancel church like that - but...yay! I love the organization of the Church - our hometeacher called, my visiting teacher called - the Elders Quorum President called. We called our visiting teachees and home teachees. It really works. So, the good news is. I'm taking my snow day to catch up on my blogging.

I've been gone. No blogging for me. I have some excuses.

First...

It was the holidays. The alien parents came...there were so many people in my house and so much to do - I thought my head might explode. More on the holidays on the post below. And, yes, my Christmas tree was crooked. Crooked the whole time it was up - I kept trying to fix it and then it became the defining marker of our Christmas season - everything was a bit off balance!

Second...

Taking care of aliens is hard...and a lot of work. A lot of days, this happens... A LOT.


We are still having fun too...doing silly things and playing a lot.





And, there are many things that keep you away from the computer - like Flower's 3rd Grade Patriotic Program. She did a very good job and gave me a cookie - which made me like it so much more.




Mostly, I'm just grateful for the Gameboy. To think I wouldn't let them play them for the first 3 months they were here. I have learned the value of a little box that makes aliens quiet.



Third...


3 adults in one household is hard. Harder than I could have imagined. Lately - I mostly feel like this about the situation. Its really, really hard.

Fourth...

Yes, mortgage interest rates are down...they are pretty volatile at the moment...and when the "Fed lowers rates" - its not the good old 30 year fixed mortgage rate that one might think - though it does have an affect on them. I'm crazy busy with work. I'm always at a computer. Always - all day Saturday...long days. So, the last thing on earth I usually want to do is come home and blog....but, it all means money. And money is good. Its really good and very needed.

But, don't worry...


There are snow days that make me want to blog. Since I've been blogging today - the blizzard has subsided and the Bishop has finished clearing our walks on his ATV. This is the BEST. CHURCH. EVER. (Grandpa is doing the porch right now). This is what my street looks like right now.

Good thing the aliens still like to help with the snow...though they can only withstand it for short periods of time.


So, there you have it - that's where I've been and what I've been doing. There's a long list of other stuff too...like - its Oscar time and I have lots of movies to see (lots on that on my OTHER blog.))
AND, I'm addicted to reading so many blogs out there - I had to stop leaving comments for fear someone would click on my page and see nothing exciting. But, really - there are some GOOD blogs out there.

So, what's the verdict? Am I forgiven? I must warn you - it might be a while before another snow day hits... So, to the 5 of you who read my blog - enjoy it while it snows!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Two blogs are a lot. It looks like you got one more kid for Christmas? Just what you needed! You should do a list about all the good blogs you read and why you like them.

Kim said...

Yeah, you're back! And oh, how I'm glad I'm not in that snow!!! It's been cold and windy here, but certainly to reason to cancel church. I heard the same thing happened in Idaho this last week. Maybe next Sunday I'll stay home anyway, in honor of all your snow.

Kim said...

I meant "NO reason to cancel church." I need to check my comments BEFORE I click that button!

Jennifer said...

You are totally forgiven and then some! And, our ward didn't get cancelled! Nice job on the blogs :) Very fun to read!

Mad Queen said...

Yeah, Jen is back! I love this last blog... what you have been up to. I laughed outloud at the crooked Christmas tree... how it defined the holidays for you... a little "off kilter" I would say. I love your comment of the "value of a little box that makes aliens quiet"... KUDOS. I am still pretty stingy about Nintendo DS, computer Webkins, and X-box, but there are many moments I LOVE them. Here here. We also got church cancelled last week due to snow... ummmm that was REALLY REALLY REALLY nice. A whole day dedicated to pajamas is just what the doctor ordered. But by the end of it, Jonas was making me so nuts, I took him to the basement and made him run laps for 45 minutes until I was SURE he was tired. Whew! Kids are a lot of work. "she works hard for her money"... but there is no money in raising kids. You are doing a great job, keep it going!